Forum Navigation

phpbb easyCMS pagination patch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightSpirit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: phpbb easyCMS pagination patch Reply with quote

While I was on holiday, I was emailed a request for the code to our article view page. The reason being that in the original easyCMS mod the main display did not display any pagination like it did if you picked a chapter. Unfortunately, I had already begun the re-write of the article system at this time, so it was not actually using easyCMS code at the time.

However, I was able to set-up a development server running an earlier version of our code and use it to develop the following patch. Once installed on a phpbb board running easyCMS, it will add pagination text and links to the bottom of the main overall article display. The patch uses the "Number of articles on main page" entry from the easyCMS config to determine how many articles appear on each page of the main list.

easyCMS_pagination_patch-1.0.tgz
Description: easyCMS pagination patch v1.0 (GZipped Tar file) Category Icon
Download
Filename: easyCMS_pagination_patch-1.0.tgz
Filesize: 1.4 KB
Downloaded: 1318 Time(s)

Fox: I think we should call it... your grave!

Whedon: Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Fox: Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh...now die!

-- Rei
kirk1
Re-animated Corpse

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Thanks NightSpirit, you Rock! Reply with quote

Thanks NightSpirit! I've been working on this forever! I mean, I like the easyCMS system, but I must say that the lack of pagination is a bit annoying. I implemented the code changes from your mod, and it's working perfectly now. Thank you so much! If you'd like to take a look, my site is here: ipanoptic

When I spoke with Frazor, he told me that you guys went through this period where you didn't know how to organize the articles, whether from news or from user submissions, into one solid system. From the looks of it, the news you have on the frontpage is not integrated into the Articles page. Are you using the News Block from ezPortal or is this another mod?

Currently, I have a News Block with my ezPortal section. The problem that I'm having with my News Block is that bbcoded words on the newsblock automatically gets line breaks generated after it. Meaning all bolding, url linked words, italicized words, etc, will have a blank line after it. This totally sucks. Anyways, that's why I'm trying to find another News Block system.

And again, NightSpirit!
NightSpirit
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, glad I could help you out Smile

We are trying to make everything on the site more integrated, but obviously it's taking time. Currently our articles page shows just articles and nothing else (save for the standard forum header and footer), whether this will change or not in the future I don't know. The portal/news system is actually more integrated than it appears, all the articles on the system were manually inserted via one method or another and so have not gone through the current system. When we start publishing articles with the current system, you will see a new entry in the portal's feature area (top right) and also a news post will be created to advertise the new article which will share the comments with the article itself.

The mods we are using are listed here if you wanted to take a look. The news system is an enhanced version of CodeMonkeyX's "Slash News Mod". With this system, bbcode functions exactly the same as it does in the forums so there is no added line spacing. I am not sure why your other system should be inserting extra line spaces after bbcode but I can't really tell you for sure without access to the code in question.

Fox: I think we should call it... your grave!

Whedon: Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Fox: Ha ha HA! Mine is an evil laugh...now die!

-- Rei
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zombie Nexus Forum Index -> Coding All times are BST
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

ZBN Codebase (version 3.4.6)
Copyright © 2001 - 2009 Fraser Pearce & Graeme Wheeler. All Rights Reserved.
All trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners.